Why I loved this movie:
- There’s a point, but you have to figure it out. I wasn’t sure where it was going, and as a person who goes to the movies a lot, I love that.
- There’s a bad guy, a terrible, powerful guy, but he cannot overcome love.
- The good/‘normal’ characters are looking for something: love. They have friendships, and jobs, but are looking for something more.
- Made me think about my search for love/God. Oh yes, this movie is all about God.
- Twists of humor like Russian spies.
However, although some have used the word ‘fairy tale’ and/or ‘Beauty and the Beast,’ this is no children’s movie. There is sex, blood and torture. Not too much, but enough to prove this is a movie about real life. Present term: ‘magical realism.’